What Is DMT?
The Department of Digital Media and Technology (DMT) reflects the trends of new media, digital marketing, and the emergence of technology. The fusion of digital media and information technology unleash innovations. This program provides a comprehensive experience in teaching, creative production, research and by giving back to society at large.The DMT major introduces students thinking about and applying digital media and technology through iterative refinement as they develop and reflect on what they produce and consume.
The Bachelor of Digital Media program engages students through coursework and projects to develop essential communication, collaboration & teamwork skills. The unique curriculum meets the needs of new and expanding digital media markets.The Bachelor of Digital Media program develops Four Core Competencies. Together they comprise a skill set and an approach to building, managing, and leading digital media experience.
- Creative Process－Cultivate design confidence and focus on design thinking and strategic problem solving process.
- Foundation Training－Build fundamental media and technology skills.
- Media Professions－Provide training of the traditional media studio as well as go beyond new media evolution.
- Digital Technology－Infuse AI, big data analysis, quadcopter flying and digital marketing to media innovation.
- Multi-Disciplines－Provide multiple studies in management, law, psychology, sociology, medicine, women and children, family care and other related majors according to students’ individual interests.
- Practical learning－Accumulate a full range of media practical experience through hands-on learning.